Re: Clarifying POST behavior for LDPCs.

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 9:53 AM, Andrei Sambra <andrei.sambra@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 5:50 PM, Ashok Malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com
> > wrote:
>
>>  Right!
>> 6.4.5 says that an LDPC can create an LDPC by using a Link header in the
>> create request
>> that specifies a LDPC.  However, the link to 6.2.8 is not useful.  So,
>> some clarification
>> is needed.
>>
>> There are also the related questions of "how do you create top-level
>> LDPCs" i.e. how do
>> you get started and how do you find all the top-level LDPCs contained in
>> a server.
>> Seems like we need a "mother of all containers" concept.
>> All the best, Ashok
>>

> Indeed. Moreover, as an implementer, I would also like to be able to
> define the prefix for all resources created when POST-ing to an LDPC. This
> is especially useful when clients have to create LDPCs that would in turn
> create LDPRs. The way it currently works in RWW.IO is that all new LDPRs
> have the "resource_" prefix, while new LDPCs have the "dir_" prefix. Since
> this is far from a preferred solution, I would like to add an extra triple
> to the parent LDPC, like in this minimal example of a bug tracker:
>
> <> a ldp:Container ;
>     dcterms:title "Bug tracker for project XYZ" ;
>     ldp:contains <bug_1>, <bug_2> ;
>     ldp:LDPRprefix "bug_" .
>
> I doubt this will make it into LDP 1.0, but it is something that is worth
> investigating, since the spec doesn't mention any naming conventions when
> creating new LDP(C,R)s.

Hi,

I was treating this in my implementation as an implementation specific
feature for the moment.  I let the client give a hint [1] to what it wants
but was planning (haven't implemented it yet) for container-specific
prefixes.

[1] - https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ldpwg/raw-file/default/ldp.html#ldpc-post-slug

- Steve Speicher