Re: LDP feedback ( LC-2812)

(changing lists for possible WG discussion)

If we believe that to be true (for either RDF or HTML, frankly), we should
be articulating those requirements.  Section 4 in the editor's draft has
everything I'm aware of, and once you note that all the MUSTs are
qualified (so they're not really Musts, in some sense), I'm not sure what
a generic HTML and/or RDF client can't do or needs to do extra for LDP.

4.1.1-4.1.3 don't affect HTML (but not RDF-aware) clients; RDF clients
should already be doing those things or they have an RDF-level problem.
4.1.4 boils down to a restatement of HTTP PUT (don't use it for *partial*
updates unless you preserve all the stuff you're not intending to update).
4.1.5 is a MAY
4.1.6 mostly boils down to a restatement of the prefer spec; it only adds
that (LDP) clients can't use "preference not applied" as an excuse to go
casters-up.

Note that this section was born (as was 7) largely based on Mark's and
TimBL's comments.  In the drafts they read, it might have been impossible
for them to figure out that "this is all there is" for clients.

Best Regards, John

Voice US 845-435-9470  BluePages
Tivoli OSLC Lead - Show me the Scenario