Re: test suite issue with testLdpLinkHeader

On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 2:49 PM, henry.story@bblfish.net
<henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
> One question on testLdpLinkHeader
>
> My server fails on the LDPC saying:
>
> LDP servers exposing LDPRs MUST advertise their LDP support by exposing a HTTP
> Link header with a target URI of http://www.w3.org/ns/ldp#Resource, and a link
> relation type of type (that is, rel='type') in all responses to requests made
> to the LDPR's HTTP Request-URI.
>
> Does that mean we have to also publish the ldp#Resource type on an LDPC?

Yes

> That seems uncessary given that an LDPC is an LDPR, as shown in the diagram
> of the spec
>
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ldpwg/raw-file/default/ldp.html#fig-ldpc-types

The WG decided to require this explicitly, not have to have the
clients infer this.  So yes, it could be seen at unnecessary but the
WG wanted a way to determine if the handling the request what an LDP
Server and this is the consistent way to do this.

- Steve