Re: Proposal: change following to informative - 5.4.2 thread

From: John Arwe <johnarwe@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 09:31:09 -0400
To: "public-ldp-wg@w3.org" <public-ldp-wg@w3.org>
> 5.4.2 - http
> -1 : I don't remember HTTP forcing the "target" of the POST to
> include a link to the newly created resource... (I may have
> overlooked in, though, in which case change my -1 to +1)

I wonder if you read 5.4.1 my mistake?  5.4.2 is about conditions after
POST (in this context - creation, more generally).

LC 5.4.2 After a successful HTTP POST request to a LDPC, the new resource
MUST appear as a member of the LDPC until the new resource is deleted or
removed by other methods. An LDPC MAY also contain resources that were
added through other means - for example through the user interface of the
site that implements the LDPC.

So the proposal was to make the second sentence non-normative, i.e. this
one:
An LDPC MAY also contain resources that were added through other means -
for example through the user interface of the site that implements the
LDPC.

Thinking this through again, I cannot remember HTTP talking about this
however, and a quick search suggests I'm (now, sigh) right.  AtomPub might
say something about it, but we have not defined LDPCs as AtomPub
collections so a normative reference there would not really help.

I withdraw 5.4.2 from the original proposal.  I'm with Pierre-Antoine on
this one ;-)

Best Regards, John

Voice US 845-435-9470  BluePages
Tivoli OSLC Lead - Show me the Scenario