Re: ldp-ISSUE-59 (recursive-delete): Reconsider usage of Aggregate/Composite construct to get predictable container delete behavior [Linked Data Platform core]

hello andy.

On 2013-03-19 12:47 , "Andy Seaborne" <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
wrote:
>A resource might be managed in one container and linked in another in
>the same server.  Different place - different role.

yes. you DELETE the container it has been POSTed to, and it gets deleted
(and the link to it will go stale); you DELETE the container where it has
been linked as content, and it remains unaffected. where do you see a
problem with this model?

>I think it will have to determine the contained/link relationship at
>DELETE time.

that's ok as well, because that relationship never changes over the
lifetime of a resource. it remains in the container it has been POSTed to
until it or the container are DELETEd.

>This may be as simple as looking at the URI to see if it
>has the container as a prefix or it may require tracking.

prefix only if that's an internal rule of the server (but that would be a
bad implementation, in my opinion). otherwise just determine if the
resource was created by being POSTed to that container. that's all it
takes.