Re: ldp-ISSUE-59 (recursive-delete): Reconsider usage of Aggregate/Composite construct to get predictable container delete behavior [Linked Data Platform core]

On 19/03/13 19:32, Wilde, Erik wrote:
> hello ashok.
>
> On 2013-03-19 12:19 , "Ashok Malhotra" <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com> wrote:
>> And how would the server know which members were POSTED to the container
>> and which were linked?
>
> by remembering that. if i POST embedded content or a non-LDP resource,
> that's a different POST request than me linking to content from a POSTed
> LDP resource. a server knows which resources it is managing (the ones that
> were POSTed to it and then the server created them), and which ones it
> doesn't.
>
> strictly speaking, a server doesn't really need to implement any logic for
> that. it simply destroys all resources it is managing when the container
> is DELETEd, and by virtue of the linked content never being managed by the
> server in the first place, linked content remains unaffected by a DELETE
> on the container.

A resource might be managed in one container and linked in another in
the same server.  Different place - different role.

I think it will have to determine the contained/link relationship at
DELETE time.  This may be as simple as looking at the URI to see if it
has the container as a prefix or it may require tracking.

	Andy