Re: ldp-ISSUE-49 (Canonical-URI): Canonical URL - how to communicate its value to clients

El 11/03/13 10:37, Yves Lafon escribió:
> On Mon, 11 Mar 2013, Wilde, Erik wrote:
>
>> as far as URIs are concerned, identity is established by identifier, and
>> nothing else. i think we would enter rather dangerous territory if we
>> changed this fundamental concept at the level of LDP. if there are
>> scenarios where sameness goes beyond URI equality, then it's up to these
>> to establish conventions and/or mechanisms how to do that, but LDP should
>> stay out of that.
>
> You can check what has been done in RFC6249 [1] mostly for mirroring,
> but those imply some sort of equivalence between URIs.
> I don't think this should be part of the core LDP, equivalence should be
> handled (if at all) as an extension.
>
> [1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6249

Hi,

I also think that it is an extension.

Kind regards,

--

Dr. Raúl García Castro
http://delicias.dia.fi.upm.es/~rgarcia/

Ontology Engineering Group
Departamento de Inteligencia Artificial
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Campus de Montegancedo, s/n - Boadilla del Monte - 28660 Madrid
Phone: +34 91 336 36 70 - Fax: +34 91 352 48 19