Re: Discovery/Affordances

From: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 17:29:29 -0700
To: Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org>
Cc: public-ldp-wg@w3.org
Hi Andy,

Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org> wrote on 06/11/2013 03:12:09 AM:

> Would the following be an LDP server?
>
> A vanilla web server that provides GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, HEAD and
eTags.

If you mean by that that the server only implements what's required by the
HTTP spec the answer would have to be no. The LDP spec defines a set of
additional requirements on top of HTTP that one must comply with to be
called an "LDP server".

> In what way is not an LDP-R -only server?  (no -C's)

I believe, as the spec stands, a server must support LDPCs to be
compliant. There are various aspects like paging that are optional but I
don't think you can pass on the whole LDPC.

Should I take from what you're saying that you think we should have a
level of conformance for LDPR-only servers?

>    Andy

Regards.