Re: Discovery/Affordances

From: Wilde, Erik <Erik.Wilde@emc.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 12:12:22 -0400
To: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>, Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@us.ibm.com>
CC: "public-ldp-wg@w3.org" <public-ldp-wg@w3.org>
hello henry.

On 2013-06-10 9:04 , "Henry Story" <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>I argue strongly against using mediatypes as it is mistaking syntax with
>semantics. Simply put: the content in bytes sent from the server to the
>client
>is known as a representation of the resource ( it has a syntax defined by
>its mime type )

repeating this over and over does not make it any more correct. if that
were the case, HTML would not exist as a media type (driving the web
through its HTML-specific links), and instead we would have text/sgml,
because that would be all that was needed in order to parse HTML into some
generic metamodel.

>Perhaps we could do the HTTP/RDF community a favor to register the
>relation
>http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type to the shorthand "type"
>so that
>the above could become