Re: Discovery/Affordances

hello henry.

On 2013-06-10 9:04 , "Henry Story" <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>I argue strongly against using mediatypes as it is mistaking syntax with
>semantics. Simply put: the content in bytes sent from the server to the
>client
>is known as a representation of the resource ( it has a syntax defined by
>its mime type )

repeating this over and over does not make it any more correct. if that
were the case, HTML would not exist as a media type (driving the web
through its HTML-specific links), and instead we would have text/sgml,
because that would be all that was needed in order to parse HTML into some
generic metamodel.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6903#section-6