Re: LDP drafts for review in preparation of Last Call -- deadline July 22

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 5:49 AM, Raúl García Castro <rgarcia@fi.upm.es>wrote:

> El 22/07/13 14:57, Steve Speicher escribió:
>

>> On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM, Pierre-Antoine Champin
>> <pierre-antoine.champin@liris.**cnrs.fr<pierre-antoine.champin@liris.cnrs.fr>
>> <mailto:pierre-antoine.**champin@liris.cnrs.fr<pierre-antoine.champin@liris.cnrs.fr>>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi Steve,
>>
>>     here is my review of the editor's draft.
>>
>>     Unfortunately, I won't be on the call next monday to discuss it, but
>>     I'll try to check my mail if you have any comment/question.
>>
>>        pa
>>

>> ... snip ...
>>
>>     Sec 4.2 LDPR - HTTP GET
>>
>>     * 4.2.3 : MUST was supposed to be replaced by SHOULD according to
>>     the resolution of https://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/**track/issues/53<https://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/issues/53>
>>

>> Made this change (note the section is 4.2.2) as it affects a normative
>> statement.  Good catch, thanks
>>
>> ISSUE-53 4.2.2 changed MUST to SHOULD
>>

> Hi,
>
> Does this also propagate to the MUST in 4.2.3?
>
> "4.2.3 LDPR servers MAY provide representations of the requested LDPR
> beyond those necessary to conform to this specification, using standard
> HTTP content negotiation. If the client does not indicate a preference,
> text/turtle MUST be returned."

I guess by you asking the question you believe it does change this MUST
into a SHOULD as well?

Looking at the intent of ISSUE-53 again, it is about appealing to some
agents and servers that want to appeal to */* as meaning/wanting text/html
instead of text/turtle.  So in that context, I would say that 4.2.3 where
it states:
   "If the client does not indicate a preference, text/turtle MUST be
returned."
needs to change to:
   "If the client does not indicate a preference, text/turtle SHOULD be
returned."

Any objections to this?

- Steve Speicher