Re: ldp-ISSUE-11 (Server-managed properties): Do we need to define server-managed properties or do we leave them to applications? [Linked Data Platform core]

Hi Sergio,

As Arnaud says, the issue is not resolved yet. Since in the last telcos
there was not time for discussing it, maybe we can try to advance
discussion here.

The general opinion in the mailing list is that the servers do not to
restrict any property. Therefore, I propose the following in order to
close the issue:

.- To remove from 4.4.1 the following statement:
[[
The only recognized exception are the properties dcterms:modified and
dcterms:creator that are never under client control - BPR servers must
ignore any values of these properties that are provided by the client.
]]

.- To include in 4.4.1 the following statement:
[[
However, BPR servers MAY ignore server-managed properties.
]]

One example of the need for this second statement is the following: I
upload a photo to flickr and later I try to update this photo saying
that the owner is another person. flickr business logic won't allow me
to do that.

Kind regards,

--

Dr. Raúl García Castro
http://delicias.dia.fi.upm.es/~rgarcia/

Ontology Engineering Group
Departamento de Inteligencia Artificial
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Campus de Montegancedo, s/n - Boadilla del Monte - 28660 Madrid
Phone: +34 91 336 36 70 - Fax: +34 91 352 48 19