Re: Issue-37: Ontological Modelling

hello henry.

On 2013-01-22 15:45 , "Henry Story" <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>>>You would POST what to the collection?
>>
>> maybe :
>>
>> <> ldp:link <http://www.someremoteserver.com/Tracker/1/Bug/1> .
>How is the server meant to know that you don't wish to create a new
>resource with the above triple, and not append that to the collection?

because we're specifying a protocol and not an RDF database. protocol data
means it is interpreted and determines what the server does. whatever LDP
vocabulary we specify is supposed to drive the protocol, and not be
blindly handled as RDF data.

>What if the server sends 10MB of triples, does the server now have to sift
>through the whole thing to see if there is going to be one ldp:link in
>the
>whole thing to decide which way to go?

yes, that would be the case.

>What if it really wants to create a resource that contains just that
>triple?

then that needs to be in the content, and not in the protocol data. in
your lemma, you say how a server is supposed to handle relative URIs in
the POSTed graph, right? that's protocol behavior.