Re: Issue-37: Ontological Modelling

On 21/01/13 21:12, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 1/21/13 4:05 PM, Ashok Malhotra wrote:
>>
>> On 1/21/2013 11:01 AM, Henry Story wrote:
>>> Is this something you want for all resources mentioned in all LDPRs,
>>> or is it that you are thinking
>>> of LDPAs as very special things? Ie: do you think that any resource
>>> that appears in an LDPR/A SHOULD
>>> be removed from that LDPR/A before being deleted?
>>
>> Members of a collection are deleted when the collection is deleted,
>> so, that's not a problem.
>> It's the LDPA case I am concerned about.
>>
>> I think LDP is different from the Web.  It is a data model and demands
>> consistency.
>> But, regardless,  the SHOULD covers both bases.  It recommends
>> consistency but allows
>> you to be inconsistent if you wish.
>>
>> Ashok

1/ The reference may be to an external resource.
2/ An LDP-R may be in several aggregations.
3/ An LDP-R may exist before it's put in an aggregation and be a free
standing resource (one person in several address books)

Server-driven deletion isn't appropriate.

A container provides management, which is ties to the creation, sole
managed reference and responsibility.  An aggregation does not have
those features.

Aggregations are controlled by the app/client responsibilities,
containers have server control responsibilities.

	Andy