Re: ISSUE-33

Hi,

On 11/02/13 17:35, Wilde, Erik wrote:
> On 2013-02-11 17:20 , "Henry Story"<henry.story@bblfish.net>  wrote:
>> Erik, I find the idea of doing things on the HTTP level quite interesting
>> too. Could you describe or point to a description on how that would be
>> done?
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2616#section-14.5, it's a rather simple
> mechanism that allows servers and clients to transfers parts of resources.
> very helpful when you download this interesting 4.5gb hires movie and the
> transfer stops at 4.3gb. the client can then simply continue with a new
> request, instead of having to restart.

To the best of my knowledge, currently there are two scenarios where
that's possible:

* Binary resources using the Accept-Ranges HTTP header

* HTML resources using rel="next" rel="prev" headers

As I said in the call, I'm not sure how this fits with RDF resources...
So, if we don't find both a proper use case and a clean proposal for the
protocol, I'd prefer not to force having pagination on LDPR.

Best,

--
Sergio Fernández
Salzburg Research