Re: Example of Atom publication using LDP

On 2/7/13 3:48 PM, Pierre-Antoine Champin wrote:

> 2/ ... I think that syntax is precisely why we need profiles. But
> don't forget that RDF has *two* levels of syntax: concrete syntax
> (turtle vs. JSON-LD vs. RDF/XML vs...), and abstract syntax (graphs).
RDF is comprised of:

1. Model - model theory etc. ;
2. Syntax -- subject->predicate->object triples ;
3. Syntax Notations -- Turtle, RDF/XML, and others ;
4. Serialization Formats -- Turtle, RDF/XML and others.

The breakdown above should clarify what Henry means when he speaks of
separating model from syntax. Thus, I think your point is about using
profiles to loosely couple items #2-4 with item #1 .

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com