Re: ISSUE-37 WAS:Proposal for containers

hello all.

On 2013-01-31 20:54 , "Arnaud Le Hors" <lehors@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>One argument against introducing ldp:contains or any such new predicate
>is that we want to encourage reuse and this doesn't.
>I'm not really sure this is independent of ISSUE-37. As the draft stands
>it only supports composition and if that's all we end up with there won't
>be any confusion about what rdfs:member is about, will there?

to avoid confusion, what's the problem of using rdfs:member to always
represent membership, ldp:content to always represent member content, and
then to distinguish between containment and aggregation simply by letting
the user decide whether they embed the content or not when creating new
members? as i've pointed out before, this would also simply deletion
semantics and generally make the model simpler, and more consistent.