Documenting an an explicit URI to be used for representing POSTed new LDPC members

From: Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 18:40:50 +0100
To: public-ldp-wg@w3.org
Hi.

I'm not sure I've been able to read all the discussions about the (base)
URI of newly created LDPC members, when using POST to create
them. Here's another proposal which I hope is not redundant. Pardon me
in advance as I'm a novice in SemWeb compared to the eminent members of
the WG.

Let's say I want to add new members (reusing Example 2's URIs) to
<http://example.org/netWorth/nw1>'s (sub-)container(s).

So, let's say I should be POSTing to a its "factory"/POST enpoint
<http://example.org/netWorth/nw1/assetContainer> a resource looking like
the following :

@prefix rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>.
@prefix ldp: <http://www.w3.org/ns/ldp#>.
@prefix o: <http://example.org/ontology/>.

<http://example.org/netWorth/nw1/assetContainer#_new>
   a o:Stock;
   o:value 10000.

So, this factory_URI + '#_new' could be mandated by the specs to
represent the URI in the posted resource, by convention (it's very
unlikely to have a confusion between that one and other URIs of
predicates or values.

Would such a convention on a special fragment for representing the
POSTed resource help solve the base URI discussions ?

We could also make it less a convention, but an explicit URI, provided
by the container/factory.

So we could even render this '#_new' relative fragment explicit, as
provided in a "ldp:newResourceUri" property of the Container(Factory)
(which would be an optional property, and if provided, SHOULD be
different from the Container(Factory)'s URI, otherwise it doesn't bring
anything new to the current specs ;) :

(Reusing the class names and example I provided in my other post
prefer "#_tobecreated" to "#_new":

@prefix rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>.
@prefix ldp: <http://www.w3.org/ns/ldp#>.
@prefix o: <http://example.org/ontology/>.

<http://example.org/netWorth/nw1/assetContainer>
   ldp:ContainerFactory;
   ldp:newResourceUri <http://example.org/netWorth/nw1/assetContainer#_tobecreated>;
   ldp:membershipSubject <http://example.org/netWorth/nw1>;
   ldp:membershipPredicate o:asset.

<http://example.org/netWorth/nw1>
   a o:NetWorth, ldp:IndirectContainer;
   ldp:creationFactory <http://example.org/netWorth/nw1/assetContainer>;
   o:asset
      <http://example.org/netWorth/nw1/assetContainer/a1>,
      <http://example.org/netWorth/nw1/assetContainer/a2>.

Again, hoping that it makes sense and helps.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER
Ingenieur Recherche - Dept INF