Re: Review and Comments for Linked Data Platform FPWD

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 8:33 AM, Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com> wrote on 10/29/2012 09:58:57
> PM:
>

>> Why not POST to create the new resource, using an empty body, get the
>> URI back "Location:"), then PUT the contents?  c.f. 303 roundtrip.  Then
>> the RDF to be stored can be created after the URI is allocated and
>> standard toolkits can be used.
>>
>> This also allows you to POST the entry in the container - or POST to the
>> container itself, c.f. ?non-member-properties.
>>

> The downside obviously is to require an additional roundtrip.

Eh, use SPDY/HTTP 2.0. Designing to limit round trips when we know how
to fix in general the speed of round trips seems foolish. The POST
followed by a PUT is very clear. Still allows for directly POSTing
when you don't need to know the URI in advance as well.

--Gavin