Re: Operations on containers

From: Roger Menday <roger.menday@uk.fujitsu.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 16:14:24 +0100
CC: "public-ldp-wg@w3.org" <public-ldp-wg@w3.org>
To: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>, Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@us.ibm.com>

>> A logical consequence would then be to allow creating a resource within
>> a container using PUT in the same way.
>
> Could you explain that?  My understanding is that PUT replaces the
> entire contents at the target.
>
> ---------
> PUT /foo
> Host: example.com
>
> <> a foaf:document .
> ---------
> had better put that RDF at the requests target (adding server
> properties) and have <> as <http://example.com/foo>

Well, I agree that the PUT would need to name the resource - which actually, would help in the "what is URI of POSTed document" discussion :)

but, really, I think we need to think about how we are using POST.
Would it be possible to have a new issue to re-consider this assumption please Arnaud ?

thanks,
Roger