ldp-ISSUE-12 (HTTP PATCH for creation): Can HTTP PATCH be used for resource creation? [Linked Data Platform core]

From: LDP <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 14:15:17 +0000
To: public-ldp-wg@w3.org
ldp-ISSUE-12 (HTTP PATCH for creation): Can HTTP PATCH be used for resource creation? [Linked Data Platform core]

http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/issues/12

Raised by: Raúl García Castro
On product: Linked Data Platform core

4.7 + 5.8 (HTTP PATCH)

HTTP PATCH MAY be used to create a new resource if the URI does not point to an existing resource.

Are we interested in restricting the usage of PATCH only for updates? Or do we allow this behaviour?