Re: ldp-ISSUE-38 (filtering, inlining): filtered representations and inlining [Linked Data Platform core]

On 11/20/12 12:57 PM, Wilde, Erik wrote:
>> >The ldp: vocabulary already provides a way to expose the relation
>> >between the two LDPRs, using ldp:membershipSubject and
>> >ldp:membershipPredicate. What else is needed?
> sorry, i don't quite follow you here. there has to be some way how a
> client knows that composing the URI /bugs?inline=bugs:has_bug is a
> sensible thing to do, right? how would it know that, without
> knowing/finding rules how to do that?

Once the first step is made re. accepting that this is achieved via RDF.
We can then look into relations that make URI templates visible.

Until we accept what we are doing, we won't be able to talk about
discovery patterns in a coherent way. An RDF graph can also describe
discovery patterns such that a client or a server can figure out URL
patterns for specific interactions. This is beyond mime, its language
understood by machines, since the entity relationship semantics are
machine comprehensible, due to their first-order logic underpinnings.

Simple URL pattern discovery example, using XRD (just another notation
for representing and entity relationship graph):
http://linkeddata.informatik.hu-berlin.de/uridbg/index.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fkingsley.idehen.net%2F.well-known%2Fhost-meta&useragentheader=&acceptheader=

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software