Re: forms, direction, query, etc …

Thanks Roger.

My initial referral to SPARQL was to get us to think high level about what a Form is
about: it is a query of the server to the end user. The syntax of the answer (SPARQL
or something else ) was not quite as important to this high level conceptual insight.

From the e-mail you cite I think I ended up being clearest in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp-wg/2012Nov/0165.html
on the relation between forms and SPARQL. You can see the parallel
very clearly:
<FORM action="p?" method="post">
 <P>
 page number:  <INPUT type="text" name="page"><BR>
 entries per page: <INPUT type="text" name="pageSz"><BR>
 <BUTTON name="Get answers" value="submit" type="submit"></BUTTON>
</FORM>

So let's transform the above form into a SPARQL query

SELECT ?page ?pageSz
TO <p>
WHERE {
  [] a PaginationSlice;
     :pageNumber ?page;
     :entriesPerPage ?pageSz .
}
So this clearly shows why it is related to Pagination in ISSUE-33 .
My thought that once one sees this, one may find this is just a way
to solve a huge number of problems that forms usually solve, but
now with extra semantics.

There have been other attempts at doing forms in RDF. A quick search
led me to - but I think there have been others.
  http://www.markbaker.ca/2003/05/RDF-Forms/