Re: ldp-ISSUE-38 (filtering, inlining): filtered representations and inlining [Linked Data Platform core]

hello all.

On 2012-11-19 02:09 , "Linked Data Platform (LDP) Working Group Issue
Tracker" <sysbot+tracker@w3.org> wrote:
>ldp-ISSUE-38 (filtering, inlining): filtered representations and inlining
> [Linked Data Platform core]
>http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/issues/38
>Raised by: Roger Menday
>On product: Linked Data Platform core
>Section 5.1.2 describes a how to retrieve non-member properties of a
>resource. It might be good to generalise retrieving a 'filtered'
>representations. An further extension might be a way of specifying how to
>"inline" representations of linked resources.

repeating my IRC comment for the issue tracker log: AtomPub has a model
for that as well, which is that the client decides how to add entries
(inlined or referenced), and this is opaque for the server. the server
just operates on the structures known to the service, so it just blindly
regurgitates whatever has been stored by clients. that's the only job the
server has: accept things, and then retrieve them on demand. if we want to
implant any specific knowledge of the things we manage into the server, we
have made the problem much much bigger.