Re: Creation of Containers

hello all.

On 2012-11-07 15:19 , "Richard Cyganiak" <richard@cyganiak.de> wrote:
>I heard you say that ³using up² the POST method would prevent other uses
>of POST on the same resource. That's a fair point, and I do agree that
>LDP should facilitate moving any ³POST endpoints² off the managed
>resource to a separate LDP-specific resource.

just to make that clear: POST is *not* the C in CRUD. thinking about
REST/HTTP in terms of CRUD concepts usually doesn't help a whole lot. POST
is the catch-all (anything that isn't safe/idempotent), and media types
can be designed in a way that you can do many different things by POSTing
to the same resource, because the request says what you want to do. that
being said, if your media type somehow depends on "where" you POST things
(i.e., if you cannot randomly switch around URIs without changing the
media type's behavior), then you have a pretty serious design issue. URIs
must be opaque.