AtomPub-like Slug: header (was: Re: ldp-ISSUE-31 (conformance))

Dave,

On 5 Nov 2012, at 20:40, David Wood wrote:
> Our resolution to ISSUE-20 [1] left me wondering about compliance with regard to clients providing a (presumably optional) AtomPub-like Slug: header (as Callimachus does).
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/issues/20

I think the question of user-supplied “slugs” sort of fell under the table when we discussed ISSUE-20; we focused on the issue of relative URIs.

It may be worth raising a new separate issue for that, or re-opening ISSUE-20 as the resolution doesn't address that aspect.

A sufficient change might be to add a little Note in LDP Section 5.4 with an informative reference to [2].

Best,
Richard

[2] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5023#section-9.7