Re: Limited datatypes

Nathan wrote:
> This may relate to ISSUE-6
>
> "4.1.9 LDPR representations must use only the following standard
> datatypes."
>
> Why? I do not understand why there is any need to limit the set of
> datatypes representations can use, and would have thought that the union
> of those datatypes in RIF-DTB and the new RDF specs would be the
> absolute minimum, if going down the route of limiting which datatypes
> can be used.
>
> Can somebody enlighten as to why this is in the spec / give some
> background?

Additionally, 4.1.8 and 4.1.9 cause a conflict and prevent the reuse of
many ontologies from many domains:

"4.1.8 Predicate URIs used in LDPR representations should be HTTP URLs.
These predicate URIs must identify LDPRs whose representations are
retrievable."

This means LDPRs can only ever use predicates which have valid LDPRs -
limiting to those that only use the datatypes defined in 4.1.9.