Re: Container membership alternative approach ACTION-27

On the other hand, no filesystem has ever had the expressivity of RDF to describe relationships between files. The LDP will allow you to talk about collections of resources, add the same resource to multiple collections, have nested collections, even have collections that are members of themselves - whatever floats your boat - all expressed as RDF structures.

However, this is orthogonal to containers which are really only there for the purposes of lifecycle management of resources. If you throw a box (a container) in the trash then everything in the box is trashed along with it.

There's a case for reflecting the container structure as RDF, but in my opinion that should be read-only and firmly in the LDP namespace so as not to confuse it with conventional RDF for describing collections (aggregations).

Steve.