Re: LDP Agenda for December 17, 2012, with a list of issues to be closed

Hi all,

On Dec 14, 2012, at 18:51, Ashok Malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com> wrote:

> To make progress, I think we need to agree on a few fundamental features of the model.

+1. Thanks for this, Ashok.

> Let me list what I see in an effort to help the discussion on Monday.
>
> Can a LDPR belong to more than one container?  If yes, then we need to specify how a LDPR that already exists is added to a container.

Yes for me.  The relationship is just a link in the container metadata, so it is no big deal, I think.

> When a container is deleted do are all its members deleted also?  I think we have agreement that all members may be deleted or they may not be deleted.  We need a mechanism to specify which: perhaps an attribute on the container called DeleteMembers yes/no

Hmm. I agree that use cases will vary so both should be supported or at least allowed. Maybe this is over-specifying?

> Can a client create containers?  I believe the WG sentiment is running to YES

Yes from me.

> Can containers be members of other containers?  I believe the WG sentiment is running to YES

Yes from me.

Regards,
Dave