Re: Pingback ?

On 8/28/12 7:48 AM, Olivier Berger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I can't remember if the pingback was suggested as being important in
> LDP.
>
> So in case, here's a suggestion to discuss whether the Semantic Pingback
> mechanisms should be part of LDP.
>
> I think it is generally interesting in the Linked Data world to be able
> to get such pingback mechanisms, even though they may have
> implementation difficulties.
>
> For more details, maybe http://aksw.org/Projects/SemanticPingback is a
> useful reference, but I'm in no way an expert on that topic, so I hope
> others will have more interesting resources.
>
> Would this be part of the user stories / use cases in your opinion ?
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Best regards,

Circa. 2012 we don't have what used to be known as DDE (Dynamic Data
Exchange) on Windows 3.0. Notifications services are the key to making a
webby variant of the aforementioned protocol.

I would expect Pingback notifications to be an integral part of any
serious Linked Data effort. This is absolutely crucial.

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com