Re: LDP interfaces in Java (based on Jena and JAX-RS)

Folks -

Combination of questions\comments -

 1. I assume the spec will be focused on standardization while divorcing
    any existing implementations.  Could you please confirm?
 2. I assume the spec will be independent of any language (Java, C, C++,
    etc.) and libraries (regardless of license).  Could you please confirm?

One suggestion I have (and Sandro was involved in this) is that folks
check out the taxonomy and approach of Prov
(http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/Main_Page).  The fact that the
concepts, data models, notations, constraints, ontology, query and
access are separated, IMHO, is a hallmark of clean standardization
work.  It allows implementers to implement part or all of the standard
without creating dependencies on vendor-based ecosystems.

Furthermore, have the folks who have already started the WG looked at
previous and ongoing LD standardization attempts so that we may leverage
previous\existing knowledge?  If so, is this documented on the wiki?

Best.

**