Re: Proposed new chairs for the LD4LT community group

Dear all,

  thanks a lot to Dave for proposing to include John, Jorge, Christian
and myself as new chairs. Thanks for the heads up of the rest of the group.

We are all involved in an EC-funded project called Pret-A-LLOD [1] that
is concerned with developing a new generation of sustainable NLP
services building on Linked Data Technologies. Thus, we think that this
community group is the right place to discuss the proposals that the
project will make.

In particular, we want to address the following key problems:

1) Interoperability of NLP Services

2) Composability of NLP Services

3) Virtualization of NLP Services for Sustainability (e.g. via Docker or
other virtualization technologies)

We will be spreading some material on these topics and organize
teleconferences on these topics very soon.

Stay tuned.

Kind regards,

Philipp.

[1] https://www.insight-centre.org/Project/pret-llod

Am 13.02.19 um 08:26 schrieb charalampos Bratsas:

> +1
>
> Babis
>
> --
>
> Dr Charalampos Bratsas
> Open Knowledge Greece Director
> blog:http://okfn.gr <http://okfn.gr/>
> Twitter: @okfngr
> email:cbratsas@okfn.gr <mailto:cbratsas@okfn.gr>
> Mathematics Department
> Aristotle University Thessaloniki
> 54124 Greece
> Tel: +30 2310 997897
> +30 6974317051
> Fax: +30 2310 997929
> e-mail:cbratsas@math.auth.gr <mailto:cbratsas@math.auth.gr>
>
> Στις 12/2/2019 3:23 μ.μ., ο Ilan Kernerman έγραψε:
>>
>> I also welcome this proposal and think each and every one of these
>> candidates is more than worthy!
>>
>> In addition, I think such stronger chairing team should no doubt
>> merit from including women too.
>>
>> Ilan

Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
AG Semantic Computing
Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)
Universität Bielefeld

Tel: +49 521 106 12249
Fax: +49 521 106 6560
Mail: cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de