Re: Ten Questions for the Implementation of the Digital Single Market

Philipp, all,

Regarding:

    /1) How do we support SMEs in providing information about products
    and their features in 24 languages? //
    //2) How do we ensure consistency and homogeneity of product
    information so that Pan-European cross-vendor comparison becomes
    possible? /

unless the "products" refer to "LT-related products", the scope is maybe
too broad. Bounded problems like those related to an EC Regulations are
tractable...

In 10 years from now, harmonization of the copyright legislation at EU
level will have been a fact, as well as data protection (forthcoming EC
Regulation). It might even happen that the Digital Single Market must
include USA, if the TTIP is finally signed. Cross-national commerce will
become more important, hence the publication of offers, terms and
conditions will have to be multilingual. If I had a (digital) product to
offer I would like web browsers to find me in any language (does
schema.org support multilingualism well enough?), to check if my
product/service complies with the local legislation and to publish terms
& conditions using the applicable legislation terminology. Perhaps the
juridical localization has a say here....
Of course, it is very hard to say how the future will be in 10 years. I
guess that sure bets like Machine Translation will be also hot topics...

Regards,
Víctor