Re: New JSON-LD keyword

> On Jun 2, 2021, at 3:07 PM, Sean Kohler <skohler@unifiedcompliance.com> wrote:
>
> We have a challenge we are trying to overcome in an API leveraging JSON-LD objects.  We think having a language keyword would help us overcome this challenge.
>
> "@action" : "link|unlink"
>
> Is this something we could discuss as to how and why?

This sounds something that would be more vocabulary related, rather than keyword. Keywords are used to convey information to help describe the JSON using the RDF data model, and link/unlink is not part of a data model. It might be used as part of a predicate description, perhaps from the Hydra vocabulary for describing APIs [1], or as a link relationship as defined in RFC5988 [2]. But, it really seems closer to the proposed (and expired) HTTP LInk and Unlink Methods [3]. In any case, I don’t see how that would be part of the JSON-LD data model.

As Pierre-Antoine suggested, maybe you could describe your use case further.

Gregg

[1] https://www.hydra-cg.com/spec/latest/core/ <https://www.hydra-cg.com/spec/latest/core/>
[2] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc5988 <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc5988>
[3] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc5988