Re: JSON-LD 1.0 - "superseded" UI on site is overly harsh and pushy

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 14:58:14 -0400
To: public-json-ld-wg@w3.org
On 4/26/21 2:40 PM, Dan Brickley wrote:
> My main concern here is with the ability to document Schema.org by saying
> "For use in search engines, Schema.org can be written in JSON-LD 1.0" and
> having something reliable to point to. Maybe sometime it'll be possible to
> say that about 1.1 too. Should we be looking at requesting the superseded
> status to be restored, or could the popup warning shown on rescinded
> specifications be made less pushy and upselly?

For what it's worth, I agree with Dan and share his concerns regarding
messaging to his community of interest.

Perhaps a sticky footer, placed at the bottom of the page, in green/orange,
that says: "There is a newer version of this specification. For the latest
version please look at: ..."?

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches