W3C Workshop on Web Standardization for Graph Data

From: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 10:23:28 -0700
Cc: Linked JSON <public-linked-json@w3.org>
To: W3C JSON-LD Working Group <public-json-ld-wg@w3.org>
I wanted to forward this announcement about a W3C Workshop on standardizing graph data to be held in March in Berlin [1]. There has been renewed interest in bridging the property graph/RDF technology gap. I believe that JSON-LD can have a role to play here, although there are other formats associated with property graphs (i.e., GraphSON [2]).

I am on the program committee, and would like to encourage participation in the workshop by all interested. Note the dates:

15 December – application and position statement deadline
20 January – acceptance notifications
1 February – program announced
4-6 March – workshop held in Berlin

We’re also looking for additional sponsors, if your company might be interested.

I intend to submit a position paper and attend myself.

> [1] https://www.w3.org/Data/events/data-ws-2019/cfp.html <https://www.w3.org/Data/events/data-ws-2019/cfp.html>
[2] https://github.com/thinkaurelius/faunus/wiki/GraphSON-Format

Gregg Kellogg
gregg@greggkellogg.net