Re: [Minutes] 2018-06-22

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 00:32:31 +0200
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Cc: public-json-ld-wg@w3.org
On Sun, 24 Jun 2018 at 22:30, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> On 06/23/2018 02:59 AM, Dan Brickley wrote:
> > I would imagine it is best to avoid confusing things by talking
> > about 1.1 or 2.0 in these early conversations.
>
> Agreed. In fact, not talking about 2.0 until we really know what it is
> would be best. We don't want to scare developers thinking that they're
> building on top of something (JSON-LD 1.0) that may change in the next
> year. We don't want to do something that is going to harm the velocity
> of adoption.

Well said. That's pretty much where we were coming from in Google's initial
objection to this WG's charter as first drafted. There's a lot of adoption
to celebrate and build on, and "oh, there's a new version imminent" could
easily take energy out of new implementation work if presented carelessly.

Dan