Test suite location

From: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 14:59:33 -0700
To: W3C JSON-LD Working Group <public-json-ld-wg@w3.org>
We discussed continuing to use the test suite in json-ld.org/test-suite, but this presents some practical issues: notably, it is difficult to coordinate changes to specs with those to test suites, as they are in different repositories. Particularly, if we introduce some continuous integration (something I’d like to see), PRs for changes won’t be able to use the appropriate tests.

Therefore, I propose that we include the test suites along with the appropriate repository, meaning that the current suite would be split between json-ld-api and json-ld-framing. This only creates an issue for the remote-access tests which rely on HTTP redirects, but if these are replicated in W3C space, they will continue to work correctly. CI-testing environment can implement this using test-harness logic.

Gregg Kellogg
gregg@greggkellogg.net