Re: Status of jlreq multilingual doc & proposal to replace current version

   Dear Richard,

   Thank you for your great work!

On 2019/05/07 17:38, r12a wrote:

> I think we are almost ready to replace the current editor's drafts for jlreq (en & ja) with the new multilingual version of the document.  Here are what i think are remaining steps, none of which block moving the new version into place, i think:

   Yes. I also agree that none of item blocks to move the new version into main place.

> [1] i may remove the script that adds lang attributes after loading and add the lang attributes to the document source, see https://github.com/w3c/respec/issues/2339
>
> [2] there's an issue with the links to #term.illustrations which i can't figure out
>
> [3] although i tried to be very careful, there may be some bugs related to the conversion (rather than existing already).  Atsushi, could you look through the document to see if you can spot any?  (If the issue exists in the older jlreq docs, such as links in the english but not the japanese and vice versa, we should probably add those to separate issues - i just want to catch any new issues that may have been introduced by the conversion process.)

   I will do. Could take some time, but I'll try to finish as soon as possible.

> [4] When we make the move, i propose to tidy up the repository a little by moving the dependent files into a subdirectory, eg. table_en files to index_data/table_en, etc. (same for local.css and script.js).  We should also move the current index.html and ja subdirectory into a new directory called previousversion (or some such name).
>
> [5] we still need to resolve the question about how to handle the glossary (pending ftf meeting discussion).

   I somehow feel that moving from table to something with dl/dt list could be one option...
   Combined table of English and Japanese could result into quite wide format and will not be easy to read.
# of course, it's a discussion item for next F2F.

> [6] we should look at some of the current text in the introduction and update it. For example, to say that it was *formerly* developed by participants in several working groups, but that now it is being maintained by the jlreq task force.
>

> please let me know very quickly if there are any objections to any of the above points, so that i can make the changes.  That will then allow us to begin making the errata changes etc that are needed.

   best,