Re: ACTION 2023-02-07-a: Steven to make Pull Request for Unicode test

Git “novice’s guide”. Page one: “git is easy to understand once you view it as a multi-nodal time-independent stream of intertwined repositories which can be recombined in arbitrary combinations. So now you understand that, let’s…”

Getting started with GIT
Page 1: Set your username.
Page 2:
"Caching your GitHub credentials in Git
If you're cloning GitHub repositories using HTTPS, we recommend you use GitHub CLI or Git Credential Manager (GCM) to remember your credentials.
Tip: If you clone GitHub repositories using SSH, then you can authenticate using an SSH key instead of using other credentials. For information about setting up an SSH connection, see "Generating an SSH Key."
GitHub CLI will automatically store your Git credentials for you when you choose HTTPS as your preferred protocol for Git operations and answer "yes" to the prompt asking if you would like to authenticate to Git with your GitHub credentials."

It's a perpetual problem with open source (which in general I love). People who write code seldom understand what people need to know.

"There's a closely related issue, however that I don't know how to solve yet without a big player with a lot of money, which is doing systematic user interface end user testing. We're not very good at that yet, we need to find a way to be good at it."
Eric Raymond, Why Open Source will Rule

Steven