Re: Words than are not this word

On Thu, Sep 08, 2022 at 05:33:49PM -0600, C. M. Sperberg-McQueen scripsit:
> Norm Tovey-Walsh <norm@saxonica.com> writes:
> >> Is there a way to disambiguate this and guarantee that each delete or
> >> insert will start a block?
> >
> > In principle, you could create a rule that matches sequences of
> > characters that are neither ‘d’, ‘e’, ‘l’, ‘e’, ‘t’, ‘e’ or ‘i’, ‘n’,
> > ‘s’, ‘e’, ‘r’, ‘t’ but in practice I think that’d be much too (too!)
> > large a combinatorial explosion.
>
> For two keywords, I think it's doable.

Alas, a third keyword has been discovered and I have no expectation that
there won't eventually be more.

[snip clever matching technique]
> On another note, I would make quoted strings a grammatical unit, to
> avoid the risk of recognizing keywords within them.

I have done that.  Somewhat complicated by the source following dialog
quoting rules -- only the last quoted line has a close quote -- but
"this is a quote" is a distinct thing from "this might have a special
word in it".

Thank you!

--
Graydon Saunders  | graydonish@gmail.com