Re: what I learned from today's discussion of delimiters

On Thu, 27 Jan 2022 at 11:50, John Lumley <john@saxonica.com> wrote:

> At risk of being shot down in flames, there is an ASCII 'bracket' pair that we aren't currently using, neither of which appears, as far as I can see,  in the IXML grammar,
>
> viz: '<' and '>'.
>
> Now I know there are other (alright perhaps many) reasons to suggest avoiding them, but they won't currently appear outside strings in any valid IXML and are seen as 'container pairs', and are certainly ASCII.

If (and only if) they don't make it harder to read / implement a processor?
I can see some confusion in using these John?

After a brief conversation with Gerrit I'm sliding back to Michaels
inv ?  .... ? pair?
.eu seems to be 'mixed' about using guillemets ;-)

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.