Re: Minutes ixml community group meeting Tuesday 18 January 2022

 > Steven Pemberton writes:
 >
 > > Summary of action items
 > > Steven: make empty visible in the ixml grammar
 > > Neither done nor not-done: there were no empty alternatives in the
 > > grammar.
 >
 > I understood the action to be in connection with the rewrite rules in
 > the Hints to Implementors section, where empty alternatives do arise, as
 > well as in any examples where empty alternatives occur.
Ah. I had already made that one change, since it is non-normative.

 > > Steven: Commit new version
 > > Steven: remove dstring and sstring differentiation from grammar
 > > Done and done, but in the opposite order.
 >
 > Fwiw, I was surprised looking at the spec to see that the nonterminals
 > dstring and sstring have disappeared; I had only expected the attribute
 > name to change.

Since dstring and sstring now serve no consequent purpose, the rule for
string was suitably simplified.

 > The fragment of the XML form of the grammar appears still to have
 > dstring and sstring attributes.

Ah, you are right; I made a mental note to replace it, and forgot.

Thanks for your eagle eye.

 > And for the record, the draft of 24 January does not yet reflect the
 > decision made last week on issue #5.

Duly corrected. Thanks again. I was sure I had made this change, so I
wonder where I *did* make it.

All committed, ready for re-review.

Steven