Re: (My) system view

> On 11,Jan2022, at 9:58 AM, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Attached, .svg, my system view.
> iXML grammar is my ideas, realised via xml or txt
>
> If incorrect, please amend?

I take the last sentence to be an injunction not just to comment in prose
but to provide an alternative drawing.  OK.  I’m not sure I’d call anything
in your diagram incorrect, though I find some parts unclear.

I think the basic situation in ixml to involve just a grammar (in whatever form),
a text input, and XML output; this is very like your diagram, but with fewer
boxes.  Also, since I’m used to data flow diagrams that represent processes as
ovals or circles, I’ve changed the shape of the processor box to an oval, and
made the overall label of the graph just text.  (I don’t understand why my
mail user agent is showing me the SVG in your mail as an image, but not the
SVG in my mail.  So I’ve added a PNG form as well.)
A special case of this basic general pattern, of course, involves ixml grammars
in text form, and the ixml grammar for ixml grammars:
And I think the terminological challenge arises from attempts to talk
clearly about data flows in which a processor reads an ixml text grammar
and first turns it into XML before using it to process the text input.

C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
Black Mesa Technologies LLC
cmsmcq@blackmesatech.com
http://www.blackmesatech.com