Re: Error definition

I’m inclined to agree with Dave. I wouldn’t call it an error if the implementation were only a recogniser: it would make sense in that context for the outcomes “yes, this is a sentence” and “no, this is not a sentence” to be of (potentially) equal interest and value. But the point of the ixml parser is to provide vxml output, not to tell you whether your input string is a valid sentence or not. If it can’t provide that output, I’d call that an error.

Happy to hear why I’m wrong, though; my instinctive understanding is sometimes way off base.

Sent from my iPhone