Re: extension and interoperability

For what it’s worth, I don’t agree that pragmas are a subclass of comments, and I wouldn’t agree with any wording to that effect in the spec. I tried to word that fairly carefully in today’s call, and say only that comments can be made readable by the processor with the {[…]} syntax. This syntax would, in my view, not be an implementation of pragmas.

All that aside, the suggested solution is already a huge compromise as regards what most of the CG has expressed that they want. Since it goes against the majority’s preferences on the question, I believe it should require unanimous agreement if we’re to hold our noses and go ahead with it. Since we don’t have that, I’m withdrawing my support for the proposal I made in the meeting and, as far as I’m concerned, this question is back on the table.

Sent from my iPhone