Re: Syntactic variability

I'm OK with the syntactic variability, although I will note having the same issues, particularly with `;`.

I would be happy with standardising our own usage on '=' and '|'.

I think the issues with ambiguity with colons in nonterminal names is resolved well enough with mandatory whitespace after the rule separator.

I don't think removing these alternatives is a necessary change, then.  But I could live with it.

Tomos Hillman
eXpertML Ltd
+44 7793 242058