Re: Updated errors draft

Tom Hillman <tom@expertml.com> writes:
> I don't want them to be mandatory for error codes, but if I'm throwing
> errors from within XSLT, I'd like a designated namespace that I may
> use.
>
> Thoughts?

If we had namespaces in ixml, I’d absolutely have proposed to put them
in a namespace.

When we talked about the error codes briefly last week, or the week
before, I think Michael expressed the opinion that implementations that
were generating errors in a context where namespaces made sense would
probably use the ixml namespace for the error codes.

I think that makes sense and, if the error codes draft achieves
consensus, we could codify that with a statement that says more-or-less
what Michael said.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--