Strings proposal

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 11:27:56 +0000
To: ixml <public-ixml@w3.org>
After experience with my tutorial, I want to make a syntax proposal.

In brief, strings may not extend over a line.

The reason for this is that
1) It doesn't reduce functionality, since

	"abc
         def"

is equivalent to

         "abc", #d?, #a, "def".

(and also deals with the Windows anomaly).

2) It gives far better diagnostics when parsing the ixml, since the source
of the error is on the same line as where the error is discovered.

So the definition of dchar (and likewise schar) becomes:
dchar: ~['"'; #a; #d];
         '"', -'"'. {all characters, quotes must be doubled}
Steven.