Re: *which* alternative that matches nothing? (was Re: repetition)

I don’t know whether it will help but consider the issue of the ‘empty string “”… It really is a string, but has no characters in it, but isn’t an empty sequence…. Similarly one might consider the xs:integer 0 to be an integer which has ‘nothing’ as its value. The difference between [] and () are similar….

Sent from my iPad