Re: repetition

I think you are looking at this as if it were a regular expression; I would think of it more like an optional parameter to a function, cf pseudocode:

```
string-join(a*, "#")
```

so "a#" wouldn't match because the "#" isn't appended rather than inserted as a separator.

What syntax would make more sense?

Tomos Hillman
eXpertML Ltd
+44 7793 242058